When that unpleasant chill hits the air, it’s time to get tips on how to keep your skin hydrated in the wintertime. Dryness can be uncomfortable, and it’s important to defend yourself against the elements in order to maintain smoothness and suppleness all season long. Keeping skin beautiful and hydrated in colder weather calls for both internal and external care.
Dry skin care tips for Morning
- Wash your face with lukewarm water—not too hot and not too cold— to wake yourself up without drying the skin or constricting your pores.
- Cleanse your skin with a sulfate-free cleanser. Sulfates are extremely drying and irritating to the skin. In addition, lathering bar soaps and strong foaming face washes strip the skin of its natural protective water and oils. Celloxylin Step 1. Crème Cleanse!
Moisturize, moisturize, moisturize. As you probably already know, moisturizing is key for dry skin types. Apply your moisturizer right after cleansing to lock in the water before it evaporates. Look for a moisturizer with a broad spectrum SPF to protect against the sun’s damaging rays. Celloxylin Step 5. Day Defense Plus, Broad Spectrum SPF 25
Dry skin care tips for Day
- Your skin will dry out as it’s exposed to the elements throughout the day. That’s why it’s important to re-apply moisturizer whenever you notice your skin becoming dry. Carry a moisturizer in your bag so you can dab a little on whenever necessary. Celloxylin Hydro-Burst Moisture Intense Lotion!
Drink water. It may seem obvious, but sipping on water throughout the day naturally keeps your body— and by extension— your skin cells, hydrated.
Dry skin care tips for Night
- At night, once again cleanse your skin of makeup and the day’s pollutants with a gentle, sulfate-free cleanser using lukewarm water
- Immediately after, apply a heavier moisturizer or cream that will sink in throughout the night. Rich creams are dry skin’s best friend. Look for creams containing nourishing ingredients like hyaluronic acid, glycerin or oils such as olive, and coconut oil. While these thicker lotions are too heavy for the day, the night gives your skin plenty of time to absorb all of their hydrating properties. Try our Celloxylin Step 5. Night Repair 3Deep!