Aging is a fact of life. And, as we are all still in search of the fountain of youth, it’s a fact that we all have to come to terms with at some point in our lives. There will come a day for all of us when we look in the mirror and don’t like what we see. Whether it be shown by fine lines, wrinkles, age spots, or cracked skin, time will eventually catch up to us and show itself on our faces. Although this is inevitable, fortunately, there are steps everybody can take to delay the signs of aging!
One of the most important ways to influence signs of aging in the skin is to treat it on a daily basis with products targeted toward anti-aging. These products are usually made up of a certain type of ingredients, all providing various anti-aging preventions and benefits. But, just because something is labeled as “Anti-aging” doesn’t necessarily mean that it’s the best option out there or that it will be the most effective in turning back time. It’s important to be an informed consumer… know what’s in your skincare so you can make the best choice when selecting your anti-aging skincare regimen!
Ingredients Commonly Found in Anti-Aging Skincare
Many of the anti-aging skincare products on the market utilize a handful of ingredients (of different varieties) that are proven to provide targeted benefits. Some of these include:
- Antioxidants – substances that neutralize free radicals (unstable oxygen molecules that break down skin cells and cause wrinkles).
- Commonly used antioxidants include: retinol, resveratrol, Vitamin C, tea extracts, and Niacinamide
- Hydroxy acids – Alpha hydroxy acids, beta hydroxy acids (salicylic acid) and poly hydroxy acids are exfoliants, which help remove the upper layer of old, dead skin and stimulate the growth of smooth, evenly pigmented new skin.
- Coenzyme Q10 (CoQ10) – helps reduce fine lines and wrinkles and protect the skin from sun damage
- Peptides – helps regenerate and replace Collagen that has been lost in the skin over time (due to natural aging). Collagen helps determine the thickness of the skin. Younger skin tends to have more Collagen, thus appearing more smooth and plump. Over time, as we age, Collagen is depleted leaving the skin thin and wrinkled.
- Sunscreen – helps prevent further aging due to environmental stress from sun damage.
The Cellular Age Advantage & Nutrient Reservoir™
At Apriori Beauty, we believe in creating and selling products that are pure, innovative, and safe. These three tenants helped guide the development of our proprietary and highly effective anti-aging skincare line, especially in the careful selection of ingredients. During product formulation and development, Apriori Beauty worked closely with cosmetic chemists to evaluate and address both the causes and effects of aging. Thus, the Cellular Age Advantage and Nutrient Reservoir™ were born.
Focusing on four core influences in the aging process: oxidative stress (influenced by our environment and diet), hormones, mitochondrial cell function, and genetics, the Cellular Age Advantage provides product formulations that support each from the cellular level. This proactive approach protects aging cells, both internally and externally, via a pool of nutrient-rich sources. This technology creates a Nutrient Reservoir™ — delivered internally via the Lifeoxylin® Cellular Defense Elixir and externally via the Celloxylin® skincare regimen — that nourishes and protects cells from the inside out and from the outside in. This reservoir is created by the unique combination of ingredients from both product lines that focus on the four core influences with:
- Super antioxidants to protect against oxidative stress
- Ingredients to counteract the effects of hormonal fluctuations as we age
- Energy activators supporting mitochondrial efficiency
- Longevity gene support to help prolong the life of healthy cells
Key Ingredients of the Nutrient Reservoir™ include:
- Acetyl Glucosamine – supports cell membrane structure, reported to reduce hyper-pigmentation when used topically
- Acetyl Octapeptide-3 – next generation anti-wrinkle octapeptide, reduces wrinkle depth
- Acetyl Resveratrol – a phytoalexin/class of antibiotic compound, super antioxidant
- Angelica Polymorpha Sinsensis Root Extract (female ginseng) – Chinese herb known for analgesic, anti-inflammatory, antioxidant and healing effects due to plants high level of phytochemicals
- ATP – transports chemical energy within cells for metabolism
- Caffeine – cellular energizer, antioxidant, anti-inflammatory and has been shown to have a sunscreen effect
- Carnitine HCL – cellular energizer
- Lycium Barbarum Fruit Extract (Goji Berry) – super antioxidant
- Petasites Japonica Root Extract (Butterbur) – anti-inflammatory, calms and soothes skin
- Rhodiola Rosea Root Extract (Golden Root) – adaptagen and anti-aging phytonutrient
- Soy Isoflavones – antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, skin lightener, supports cellular balance
- Tremella Fuciformis Extract (mushroom) – extraordinary moisturizer, antioxidant, supports cell metabolism
- Ubiquinone CoQ10 – antioxidant
All in all, it’s extremely important to know what ingredients make up your skincare products so that you can target the signs of aging in an educated and effective way. And, you can rest assured that Apriori Beauty’s pure, safe, and innovative approach provide you with only the best anti-aging products on the market!