First used in skincare nearly 10 years ago, peptides play an extremely important role in many of today’s anti-aging products. Most basically explained, peptides are short sequences of amino acids that collectively comprise proteins. There are hundreds of different types of peptides and their thousands of combinations create the many different proteins that make up our skin and body.
As our skin ages, the proteins that comprise it tend to break apart and/or lose their firmness, resulting in the visible signs of aging (i.e. wrinkles, sagging, spots, etc.). Peptides play a key role in revitalizing aging skin by maintaining protein structure and stability. Having them as ingredients in our skincare products help reverse and erase signs of aging!
What are some of the different types of peptides found in skincare products? And what do they do?
Great question! There are two types of peptides commonly found in skincare products on the market today. Each type plays a specific role in reversing the signs of aging…
- Acetyl Octapeptide-3 — a peptide ingredient that is clinically proven to reduce the depth of wrinkles on the face caused by the contraction of muscles of facial expression, especially in the forehead and around the eyes. It is a safer, more economical and milder alternative to Botulinum Toxin (Botox), and targets the same wrinkle-forming mechanism, topically. Also known as: SNAP-8.
- Oat peptides — peptides derived from oat are used to rejuvenate collagen-producing cells naturally while conditioning the skin. The low molecular weight (small size) of oat peptides make them easily assimilated into cells, where they have been shown to stimulate collagen synthesis by enhancing the activity of collagen-producing fibroblasts in the skin’s dermis. Oats are also well known for their anti-inflammatory effects, and have been used for centuries to soothe skin irritation and inflammation. Also known as: Avena Sativa peptides.
So, which products have peptides in them?
Apriori Beauty is proud to feature peptides as key ingredients in the anti-aging, Celloxylin® Cellular Age Advantage Nutrient Reservoir™ blend. They can be found in the following products:
- Celloxylin® Step 2. Activating Tonic — contains Acetyl Octapeptide-3
- Celloxylin® Step 3. Firming Complex — contains Acetyl Octapeptide-3
- Celloxylin® Step 4. Eye+Lip Age Eraser — contains Acetyl Octapeptide-3
- Celloxylin® Step 5. Day Defense Plus, Broad Spectrum SPF 25 — contains Acetyl Octapeptide-3
- Celloxylin® Step 5. Night Repair 3Deep — contains Acetyl Octapeptide-3
- Celloxylin® PSR Next [Precision Skin Rejuvenator] — contains Acetyl Octapeptide-3
- Celloxylin® Moisture Extreme, Hydrating Mask — contains Oat peptides
- Celloxylin® Enzyme Activated Micro Scrub — contains Oat peptides
- Celloxylin® Hydro-Burst Moisture Intense Lotion — contains Acetyl Octapeptide-3